News coverage about IMPINJ (NASDAQ:PI) has trended somewhat negative recently, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. IMPINJ earned a media sentiment score of -0.01 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned press coverage about the company an impact score of 44.1544914432869 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
These are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s scoring:
- NXP, Other Companies Preparing for Influx of RFID Baggage Technology Requests (rfidjournal.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Impinj, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- IMPORTANT DEADLINE ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Impinj, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- NASDAQ:PI Shareholder Notice: Lawsuit Alleges False and Misleading Statements by IMPINJ Inc (digitaljournal.com)
- Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP Reminds Impinj, Inc. Investors of Important Deadline in Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit (finance.yahoo.com)
Shares of PI traded down $0.38 on Wednesday, reaching $19.73. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 34,258 shares, compared to its average volume of 217,336. The company has a current ratio of 8.00, a quick ratio of 4.67 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.20. The company has a market cap of $459.37 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of -68.03 and a beta of 1.61. IMPINJ has a 12-month low of $9.95 and a 12-month high of $41.97.
PI has been the topic of a number of recent analyst reports. BidaskClub downgraded shares of IMPINJ from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a report on Tuesday, July 31st. Canaccord Genuity raised shares of IMPINJ from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $17.00 price objective on the stock in a report on Tuesday, May 8th. Zacks Investment Research downgraded shares of IMPINJ from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a report on Friday, May 11th. Piper Jaffray Companies reissued an “overweight” rating and issued a $19.00 price objective on shares of IMPINJ in a report on Tuesday, June 19th. Finally, ValuEngine raised shares of IMPINJ from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a report on Monday, July 2nd. One analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, six have issued a hold rating and three have assigned a buy rating to the stock. The company presently has an average rating of “Hold” and a consensus target price of $27.00.
Impinj, Inc operates a platform that enables wireless connectivity to everyday items by delivering each item's unique identity, location, and authenticity to business and consumer applications. The company's platform includes endpoint integrated circuits (ICs) product, a miniature radios-on-a-chip, which attach-to and identify their host items; and connectivity layer that comprises readers, gateways, and reader ICs to wirelessly identify, locate, authenticate, and engage endpoints via RAIN, as well as provide power to and communicate bidirectionally with endpoint ICs.
Further Reading: Asset Allocation and Your Retirement
Receive News & Ratings for IMPINJ Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for IMPINJ and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.