Factom (CURRENCY:FCT) traded down 4.3% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on October 21st. During the last week, Factom has traded 3.9% higher against the U.S. dollar. Factom has a total market cap of $37.08 million and $176,426.00 worth of Factom was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Factom coin can currently be bought for approximately $4.24 or 0.00065795 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including BCEX, Upbit, Poloniex and Bittrex.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- XRP (XRP) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00007058 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00003720 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.98 or 0.00015224 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0240 or 0.00000372 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9.70 or 0.00150475 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $16.47 or 0.00255543 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0113 or 0.00000176 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $673.81 or 0.10455008 BTC.
- 0x (ZRX) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.88 or 0.00013592 BTC.
- IOStoken (IOST) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0396 or 0.00000526 BTC.
Factom’s launch date was October 5th, 2015. Factom’s total supply is 8,745,102 coins. Factom’s official Twitter account is @factom and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Factom is /r/factom and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Factom is factom.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Will Factoids have their own blockchain? Ultimately Factoids will be implemented on their own Chain in Factom. For the crowd sale, other options are possible. How are Factoids created? Two ways. Factoids will be created as a part of the crowd sale. Secondly, Factoids will be created at a fixed rate and paid to the Factom Servers and Audit Servers for their work running the system, and to pay other incentives. Is there a separate Proof of Work or other consensus mechanism for factoids, independent of factom? No. That said, the Factom chain and the Entry chain are managed by the Factom Servers (they are the application using these chains) so they validate them in real time. No invalid entries can be placed in these chains. How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn? No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies. The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits. The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain. “
Factom Coin Trading
Factom can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BCEX, Bittrex, Bit-Z, Poloniex, Upbit and Cryptopia. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Factom directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Factom should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Factom using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Factom Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Factom and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.