AGNC Investment (NASDAQ: AGNC) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 1/13/2019 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 1/9/2019 – AGNC Investment was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/31/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $20.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of AGNC Investment have outperformed its industry over the past three months. Further, the trend in estimate revisions of the 2018 earnings per share indicates a favorable outlook for the company. Notably, it is making efforts to reposition its portfolio to offset risks related to interest rates and prepayment uncertainty. In line with this, it is increasing investments in mortgage backed securities (MBS) and improve its hedge portfolio. Going forward, a strong capital position and access to a diverse funding base are expected to provide significant financial flexibility to AGNC Investment. However, as the company prioritizes risk management over incremental profits, robust returns might remain elusive in the short run.”
- 12/25/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 12/20/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $18.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $17.50.
- 12/18/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/14/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $19.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $18.00.
- 12/7/2018 – AGNC Investment was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of AGNC traded up $0.13 during trading hours on Monday, hitting $18.02. The stock had a trading volume of 1,658,834 shares, compared to its average volume of 5,273,662. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.03, a current ratio of 0.28 and a quick ratio of 0.28. AGNC Investment Corp. has a 12 month low of $16.96 and a 12 month high of $19.85. The firm has a market capitalization of $9.39 billion, a P/E ratio of 7.33, a PEG ratio of 2.43 and a beta of 0.13.
AGNC Investment (NASDAQ:AGNC) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, October 24th. The real estate investment trust reported $0.61 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.59 by $0.02. AGNC Investment had a return on equity of 12.05% and a net margin of 125.99%. The company had revenue of $188.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $324.65 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.62 earnings per share. Analysts expect that AGNC Investment Corp. will post 2.45 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a monthly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, February 11th. Investors of record on Thursday, January 31st will be paid a $0.18 dividend. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, January 30th. This represents a $2.16 annualized dividend and a yield of 11.99%. AGNC Investment’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 87.80%.
In other news, Director Larry K. Harvey acquired 4,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, October 30th. The shares were bought at an average price of $17.74 per share, with a total value of $70,960.00. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. 0.40% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Several institutional investors and hedge funds have recently modified their holdings of AGNC. Scout Investments Inc. purchased a new position in AGNC Investment in the 4th quarter worth approximately $103,298,000. State of Alaska Department of Revenue raised its stake in AGNC Investment by 25.0% during the 4th quarter. State of Alaska Department of Revenue now owns 2,787,025 shares of the real estate investment trust’s stock valued at $48,883,000 after purchasing an additional 556,522 shares during the last quarter. United Capital Management of KS Inc. raised its stake in AGNC Investment by 16.0% during the 4th quarter. United Capital Management of KS Inc. now owns 15,666 shares of the real estate investment trust’s stock valued at $275,000 after purchasing an additional 2,164 shares during the last quarter. Matthew Goff Investment Advisor LLC acquired a new position in AGNC Investment during the 3rd quarter valued at $710,000. Finally, Vanguard Group Inc raised its stake in AGNC Investment by 14.0% during the 3rd quarter. Vanguard Group Inc now owns 41,306,726 shares of the real estate investment trust’s stock valued at $769,544,000 after purchasing an additional 5,066,044 shares during the last quarter. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 58.62% of the company’s stock.
AGNC Investment Corp., formerly American Capital Agency Corp., is a real estate investment trust. The Company invests in agency residential mortgage-backed securities on a leveraged basis. Its investments consist of residential mortgage pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs) for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a government-sponsored enterprise, such as the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), or by the United States Government agency, such as the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae) (collectively, GSEs).
Receive News & Ratings for AGNC Investment Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AGNC Investment Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.