Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded 3.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM E.T. on January 22nd. Steem has a market cap of $122.27 million and approximately $19.48 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Steem coin can currently be bought for about $0.40 or 0.00011064 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, HitBTC, Bithumb and Poloniex. Over the last seven days, Steem has traded up 49.6% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3,603.42 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $124.54 or 0.03456804 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $69.43 or 0.01927140 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00019431 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.25 or 0.00062464 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00003105 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0430 or 0.00001200 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0191 or 0.00000529 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0084 or 0.00000233 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001757 BTC.
Steem is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It launched on July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 323,719,909 coins and its circulating supply is 306,745,815 coins. The official message board for Steem is steemit.com/@steemitblog. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Steem’s official website is steem.com. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, GOPAX, Binance, Huobi, Poloniex, RuDEX, Bithumb, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC and Bittrex. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.