Primecoin (CURRENCY:XPM) traded up 10.8% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 19:00 PM ET on February 23rd. Primecoin has a total market capitalization of $3.94 million and approximately $65,106.00 worth of Primecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Primecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.15 or 0.00003558 BTC on exchanges including Bleutrade, Poloniex, Trade By Trade and Bittylicious. In the last week, Primecoin has traded 27.4% higher against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- DigiByte (DGB) traded 11.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0116 or 0.00000280 BTC.
- Myriad (XMY) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0014 or 0.00000034 BTC.
- Circuits of Value (COVAL) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0013 or 0.00000032 BTC.
- Quark (QRK) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0043 or 0.00000109 BTC.
- HunterCoin (HUC) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0131 or 0.00000316 BTC.
- Joincoin (J) traded 15.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0074 or 0.00000179 BTC.
- BitQuark (BTQ) traded 54.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000005 BTC.
XPM is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Multiple hashing algorithm. It launched on July 7th, 2013. Primecoin’s total supply is 26,669,618 coins. Primecoin’s official Twitter account is @primecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. Primecoin’s official website is primecoin.io. The Reddit community for Primecoin is /r/primecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Primecoin is talk.peercoin.net/c/altcoins/primecoin.
Buying and Selling Primecoin
Primecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade By Trade, Cryptopia, Bittylicious, Poloniex, BX Thailand, CoinEgg and Bleutrade. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Primecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Primecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Primecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Primecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Primecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.