Factom (CURRENCY:FCT) traded 6.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on April 16th. Factom has a market capitalization of $81.47 million and $248,000.00 worth of Factom was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Factom has traded down 3.2% against the U.S. dollar. One Factom coin can currently be bought for $8.63 or 0.00170762 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptopia, Poloniex, Bit-Z and Bittrex.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- XRP (XRP) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00006335 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $19.34 or 0.00382429 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00019944 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00002234 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0263 or 0.00000520 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 18.4% against the dollar and now trades at $55.99 or 0.01107246 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 4% against the dollar and now trades at $10.73 or 0.00212166 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0843 or 0.00001666 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00006044 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0068 or 0.00000135 BTC.
Factom’s genesis date was October 5th, 2015. Factom’s total supply is 9,435,520 coins. The Reddit community for Factom is /r/factom and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Factom’s official website is factom.org. Factom’s official Twitter account is @factom and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Will Factoids have their own blockchain? Ultimately Factoids will be implemented on their own Chain in Factom. For the crowd sale, other options are possible. How are Factoids created? Two ways. Factoids will be created as a part of the crowd sale. Secondly, Factoids will be created at a fixed rate and paid to the Factom Servers and Audit Servers for their work running the system, and to pay other incentives. Is there a separate Proof of Work or other consensus mechanism for factoids, independent of factom? No. That said, the Factom chain and the Entry chain are managed by the Factom Servers (they are the application using these chains) so they validate them in real time. No invalid entries can be placed in these chains. How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn? No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies. The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits. The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain. “
Factom Coin Trading
Factom can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Upbit, Cryptopia, BCEX, Bit-Z and Poloniex. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Factom directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Factom should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Factom using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Factom Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Factom and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.